Friday, June 15, 2007

Old Friends

Tonight I am going to the 40th birthday party for Rhonda. We actually went to grade school together. Maybe we don't see each other much or talk very often, however we will always be friends. It was so funny how we got back in touch after almost 30 years. She saw my name and phone number in a newspaper asking for volunteers for a function and recognized my last name. Spell is a unique last name. Anyway, she called me and asked if I had gone to Benbrook Elementary school and told me her name. Of course I remembered her. It is possible she was my first girl crush. You know how you think about people that you once knew years ago and wonder what they are doing? That's Rhonda. I wondered about her and how she was. Now, I cannot believe we are turning 40 this year! Boy, time flies. So, I am looking forward to going to the party and meeting a bunch of new people. You can never have too many friends.

No comments: